How do I read raw computer dive data?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes I agree about the backing up. Have never really liked the idea of cloud stuff before but this might have changed my mind.
Even if it is not the cloud, backing it up to a separate drive (at least once) is well worth doing.

I learned my lesson when my HDD crashed a few years back - lost 3 years of photos including some of family and friends who are no longer with us. Nothing I can now do to get them back.

With regards to Subsurface, it was started by the one of the principal authors of Linux (Linus Torvalds) and is open source. If you are worried about cloud security, I have to ask why anyone would want to hack dive logs?

If you are worried about cloud security, I have to ask why anyone would want to hack dive logs?

You're kidding, right? I have this gluten-free gmo-less organic natural product that is known to protect your endothelium from harmful effects of repeated exposure to silent micro-bubbles. You think I could maybe use that database to target my google adsensizing campaign? (It naturally enlarges p*n*ses, too. And b00bz!)

Have you tried contacting Sven. By all reports he’s incredibly helpful. He fixed a corrupted dive log for me.
Have you tried contacting Mr. Data? What in the world are you guys talking about?

Have you tried contacting Mr. Data? What in the world are you guys talking about?

:rofl3: What, you don't know Sven? Over in Sveden? How come?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom