How do I pack a wetsuit for shipping?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheAvatar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
How do I pack a wetsuit for shipping?

3mm shortie will be in a box with lots of other gear and a few books... should I roll it up or what?

I'm also shipping a lycra skin /w polartec fleece... any special packing precautions for that?

I wonder if I score extra thermal protection on the surface... the neoprene bubbles should expand... air pressure here is 30% lower than at sea level.

You can fold it or roll it should'nt matter. I fold mine all the time.
9200ft where are you? Decent elevation I would say. My wifes polar fleece gets folded too. Have a great trip and dive safe.

Trip? I live here :) (colorado mountains)

I thought folding neoprene was a nono?

You don't want to fold it and leave it that way but for a short period of time it won't hurt anything........it has not affected mine.

Trip........yea, you said you were wanting to know how to pack it for shipping. Just assumed you were going on a trip.

Lived in Denver for 3 years and loved it but that was when I lived on the slopes.

I'm 1 mile from the slopes :)

I'm talking about shipping the wetsuit throug the mail... so it will be however it is packed for 2-5 days

roll it or fold it...it'll be fine.

Fpld it, arms over chest and legs up to the chest. It should be the very last thing that you pack and the very first thing that you remove.

Good lucki

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom