How did you do on your DM tests?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would have to agree with both of you. The past tests and knowledge reviews are pretty rote memorization, but the DM test was worthwhile.

Tom

Joe-Diver:
You know, replying to this made me think back to my Rescue classes back in '86. My instructor was tough on us. One day we were in the pool, an indoor olympic size pool with a nice deep end as it had (2) 1 meter boards and (1) 3 meter board. He decided he wanted me to do an underwater equipment donning. He made me wait in the locker room while he placed my equipment around the pool. When he came and got me, my only instructions were: "Take a deep breath, get in that pool and don't come up until you have all of your gear on properly." The only nice thing he did for me that day was place my tank/reg/bc close to my entry point in the deep end, so I swam down and got that first so I could breathe. One fin was in the other corner of the deep end and the other was about the middle of the pool. I crawled/walked/kicked to the first fin, then the second. It took a bit after that to find my mask which was in a corner of the shallow end. By the time I finally surfaced back in the deep end, my eyes felt like they had sand in them, my nose was burning and I was pissed off. I surfaced to him standing there, looking at his watch, only to say "Take your time Joe Diver, we have all day."

Wow... This takes me back when PADI had the ditch & donn skill requirement. Always a fun event. :thinkingo

Did "guiding certified divers", "equipment" and "helping in class" (or whatever it was called), wrote all 3 in one go and got between 17-19/20 on them...

These may have been the three easiest tests but it still seemed very easy...

I've completed 6 of the 8 so far:

Physics - 20/20
Physiology - 20/20
Equipment - 18/20
Decomp Theory/RDP - 19/20 (missed a PG, threw off everything, dang Wheel)
Dive Skills and Environment - 20/20
DM Conducted Programs - 20/20 (USE THE IM!!!!)
Supervising Certified - Next
Supervising Students - Next

I'll do the last 2 tests probably Friday.

Got 5 on both the 400m swim and diver-tow last night in the pool...

All done now....:D

Joe-Diver:
I've completed 8 of the 8 so far:

Physics - 20/20
Physiology - 20/20
Equipment - 18/20
Decomp Theory/RDP - 19/20 (missed a PG, threw off everything, dang Wheel)
Dive Skills and Environment - 20/20
DM Conducted Programs - 20/20 (USE THE IM!!!!)
Supervising Certified - 20/20
Supervising Students - 20/20

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom