How did you do on your DM tests?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think older Instructor Manuals had the tests and answers, but now they're a separate booklet for Rescue and DM.

But, what's the point of cheating? DM is the time to learn and understand this. Cheating would only hurt me in the IE....not to mention personally. I just couldn't do it.

I agree, but I think some people do, because some of those guys cannot calculate the beer tab tip. I heard the IE written exam is the same questions as the DM test. Is that true?

From what I've read it is suggested that you complete the Knowledge Workbook again right before the IE. I haven't taken the IE yet...so....

I agree on the repetitive dives with the wheel. Some of the test problems I did according to proper procedures with my wheel, and got a different resulting pressure group than with the instructor's wheel. This really pissed me off. Do they really have questions on the exam that are this close. If so I think it is bogus. If they want a precise answer, let us use a precise table, not this dumb wheel POS!
Tom

dldiver-
with the PADI Master Diver, there is no tests. Only paying for the card after 5 specialties.
Tom

I was of course worried about the Physics and Physiology ones. Oddly enough I scored 20/20 on those but 18/20 on the "Divemaster Conducted Programs"...PADIs wording for the questions and answers is quite bizarre...

Cheers.

-J.-

b1gcountry:
I agree on the repetitive dives with the wheel. Some of the test problems I did according to proper procedures with my wheel, and got a different resulting pressure group than with the instructor's wheel. This really pissed me off. Do they really have questions on the exam that are this close. If so I think it is bogus. If they want a precise answer, let us use a precise table, not this dumb wheel POS!
Tom
Due to the nature of the wheel it is possible to get different answers for the same question. This is why you need to check yours and the alignment of it against given tables or even the erdp. Once you know where yours lines up it becomes easy and second nature. I use mine alot for planning dives when not assisting with students and doing multilevel profiles that I want to adhere to strictly. I do this for when I'm doing uwnav and buoyancy skill dives. Planning a dive with the wheel and the nav finder is a bit of a challenge but it keeps me sharp and helps when assisting with classes. I can actually do calcs faster on the wheel than on the tables and it's easier on my eyes.

The dots on my wheel calibrate fine, but sometimes I am one PG off from the official answer. In the process of planning a dive, it probably makes no difference, but on some of the sample problems, you get them wrong because your wheel is just a little different. What makes me mad is that on the official test, you could lose points because of this. Of course, I'm a big nerd, and I hate getting even one question wrong...

Tom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom