How did uploading your dive profile to a PC help improve your diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How many can even accurately record/remember a dive's start and end times and tank pressures when "interesting" stuff is happening on entry and exit? I know I've always had trouble with that.
Memory is one of those cognitive functions affected by narcosis. Honestly, I think that even on shallow dives neuronal communication in the CNS is disrupted somewhat.
For dives as deep as 80 fsw, I can easily remember everything. (Kind of like being able to recount every stroke after a round of golf. Pardon the golf analogy.)
For dives deeper than 110 fsw (without helium in breathing mix), my memory is not quite as sharp.

A dive slate or wetnotes work well for writing down stuff that you need/would like to remember.
Taking UW photos will time-stamp when you encounter marine life.
I would have to ascend to a whole new level of anal-retentiveness if I insisted on using my computer's bookmark functionality to mark every instance I encountered something interesting. Moreover, if one used too many bookmarks, it might be difficult to figure out which event was which. :idk:

I follow my SAC. I check when I set off alarms such as quick assent. I analyze my deco dives for when I entered deco, corresponding deco obligation, and how it was satisfied. I compare my profile to that I thought I dived...

Good diving, Craig

My favorite thing, as a relatively new diver, is to see how my SAC has been gradually continuously (on average) been decreasing over 10's of dives.

Jim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom