Pro Plus 4 not uploading all dives to Diving Log 6.0

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NightDiver2

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just returned from a dive vacation of 18 dives. When returning home I attempted to upload the Pro Plus 4 dive profiles to the Diving Log 6.0. I was able to only upload the last 9 of 18 dives, then it would start uploading only the last 8 of 18 dives before what seemed as the communication timing out. I haven't had this problem before. This is happening to two computers on two separate laptops (mine and my son's - we have the same model computer). Attached is one of the logs.

Is there something I can do on my end, or will this require a software fix?
Could this be a result of a security update from Microsoft with Win10?

Attachments

• Downloader3.zip
    28.7 KB · Views: 76
Hi

Yes, from the error log it looks like a Bluetooth timeout. Can you try to import the dives in batches? So import the dives that have been downloaded and then try to download and import the remaining dives? Strange that it happens on two dive computers. Otherwise I would say the battery is maybe too low. Have you installed a firmware update since it worked the last time?

Download in Batch? How is that done manually?
Downloading "new dives only" was when the error was first seen. Since the dives were attempted to download, something is identifying the dives as already downloaded. I had to change the "new dives only" toggle OFF.
I don't see an option to do this in batch.

That did not work. I am only getting the last 9 (or 8) dives from the device(s) on both the laptops. If I have the "only new dives" toggled ON, I am not getting any data importing. With it OFF, I am only getting the last same 9 (or 8) dives.
I went ahead and purchased a USB Cable. I am going to try using the COM port instead of the BLE communication. See if that makes a difference. I will not have it delivered until Later this week.

I was hopeful with this solution.
I deleted the Downloader.db file and tried again to download the dives. It is only finding the last 9 dives then times out.
I am going to see if there is an older driver I can install. I am going to see if this is sourced to MS Win10 update issues... I can't imagine why the Bluetooth is timing out, or if the data within the computer is corrupt causing the download to timeout. I can't image that BOTH computers are having the same issue though on two separate laptops with downloading only the last 9 dives. One laptop is a HP Z Book (workstation), the other is a Dell Latitude E6540.

Attachments

• Downloader4.zip
    7.2 KB · Views: 64
I have some new information. I found that 23 July there was a Firmware update to the Pro Plus 4(s). This coincides with what I can download. Anything before this date, the Diving Log 6.0 cannot see. I have reached out to Oceanic Tech Support to get an answer about this. This is happening to both computers I have.

Another update.
I have another IOS device that I installed Diverlog+ on. This is the Oceanic application directed to be used.

With this application I am able to see all the dives and download for the one device (dive computer) tested. I exported this data to DiveCloud through the app, then downloaded to the laptop from DiveCloud. Now I am trying to figure out how to import the ZXU file type to Diving Log 6.0.

Oceanic tech support is no help with this issue. When asked, they instructed me to reach out to DiverLog+ support. This is not the application I am having an issue with, nor was it the question I had for them. I wanted to know what the firmware updated/changed, if that could have an effect for what I was doing.

Back
Top Bottom