• 180'

Votes: 14 10.4%
  • 218'

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • Above 1.6 ppO2

Votes: 2 1.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is on the "Technical Diving Specialties" page, so I probably do not even belong here.

But,I always try to give feedback on SB polls in the hopes of helping someone gathering data.

I can at least offer this:
I have not used more than 5 tanks of "tire gas" in the last 5 years, and then, only on shore dives less than 40' of depth.

The leanest mix I have been on in recent memory I guess was 27%.

So I have no idea what button to push in this poll.

And for what it's worth, I rarely go past the 1.5 PPO mark.
I am typically a 1.4 PPO max kind of guy staring at age 50 approaching.

Chug
Nitrox snob that really cannot afford helium.

Deep air is not a diving specialty, its a suicide club.

Ive been to 160' under a controlled environment with support divers on trimix to learn that being really Narced is dangerous.

I went back on a 17/40 mix and man what a difference a bit of helium makes.

T.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

what are these feet things that are mentioned in the poll?

Oh... OK, you are looking only for input from divers situated in Liberia, Burma, and the USA.

Sorry... need more coffee... or perhaps I have had too much.:dork2:

Today, I routinely dive on air to maximum depths of 100 fsw but usually above 60 fsw. I do it to achieve maximum bottom time. In the recent past I routinely dove to 200 fsw on air (for about two years) when I was filming for an episode on "deep ecology"). Maximum depth would be 200 fsw almost every day I dove (2-4 times a week). One day I average 180 fsw on three dives (200, 180 and 160 fsw) on air. I don't do such dives today because I have no reason to, but during that period they were very routine. To go back to that type of diving would require me to reacclimate my body by progressively diving deeper for a period of about two months (like I did the first time). I couldn't do it without that or I;'d get massively narced.

I did 180-200 a couple of times as part of my trimix course. It required 100% focus to keep on-task and accomplish all the skills. I stick with helium for sub-150' now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Like others, it's rare for me to dive air. 99% of my diving is done using nitrox or trimix. About the only time I dive air is when I'm off on my annual island beach vacation and head out and do a day or two of diving just to see the reefs or wrecks. Usual depth is no deeper than 80'/24m but that's more because of limited volume than because of air. My narcosis limit is 120'/37m. Deeper than that and I'm squirting some helium in my tanks. But this is also because a majority of my dives are done in the 100'/30m depth range.

what are these feet things that are mentioned in the poll?

Oh... OK, you are looking only for input from divers situated in Liberia, Burma, and the USA.
Sorry... need more coffee... or perhaps I have had too much.:dork2:

sorry, should have been more clear. Only looking for responses from people in Libera and Burma. If you're in the USA you needn't respond because I know you're rich and dive trimix on anything past 30' :). And for anyone who reads this and thinks I'm serious, I'm not.

Next time I'll put the measurements in fathoms.

sorry, should have been more clear. Only looking for responses from people in Libera and Burma. If you're in the USA you needn't respond because I know you're rich and dive trimix on anything past 30' :). And for anyone who reads this and thinks I'm serious, I'm not.

Next time I'll put the measurements in fathoms.

Will that be US Standard Fathoms or International Fathoms?

Chug
Would you believe I actually need to know the difference in my professional life.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom