How Deep does it really go?? - Aquariums & Environment.

How many of us have an aquarium?

• Freshwater

Votes: 30 75.0%
  • Saltwater

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • Under 10 fish

Votes: 22 55.0%
  • More than 10 fish

Votes: 16 40.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

onfloat:
Got rid of the aquarium and left the fish in the ocean.
I have a freshwater tank, where most of the fish have come from the Amazon River. The Amazon River is a very hostile environment with a very high fish mortality rate, and if you put your face right up to the glass of my tank and look carefully, you can see my fish mouthing the words, "Thank you..."

:D

I have a 120g reef tank overflowing into a 60g tank on the other side of the wall. I used to have a 45g sea horse tank but tore that tank down. I have captive bred fish, member of Marine Aquarium Society of Los Angeles County, and enjoy trading tank raised propagated corals to prevent overharvesting from nature. Heres an old pic of my 60g http://home.earthlink.net/~ampeg/image/reef.jpg

I also have a 2500g koi pond in my back yard...

David P:
I have a 120g reef tank overflowing into a 60g tank on the other side of the wall. I used to have a 45g sea horse tank but tore that tank down. I have captive bred fish, member of Marine Aquarium Society of Los Angeles County, and enjoy trading tank raised propagated corals to prevent overharvesting from nature. Heres an old pic of my 60g http://home.earthlink.net/~ampeg/image/reef.jpg

I also have a 2500g koi pond in my back yard...
show your 120g with the filtration system!!! Would love to see it.

Over the years i've had 7 or so tanks, spent a few years working in the industry, spent far too much money on fish and now all i have to show is a couple of axolotls. If i didn't love them so much i'd be pissed.

We've come as far as to strenghten to floors underneath where the 500 gallon aquarium will be. Estimated weight of it is around 4 metric tons... It will be a cold freshwater habitat with fish and plants from the nearest lake.

Not to far to carry:
hedmark6910412203004956_1-b.jpg

We have a small tank with some "tropic fish soup" as well. Some 50 gallons. I've been wanting a koi pond in our garden, but the winter is a problem. At my father's house we've solved that with a 1200 gallon tank in the basement. -And the koi pond there is about 8000 gallons.

Here is a shot of my tank just after I set it up in September before there were fish in it.

tank.jpg

I've got some tetras, angel fish a bunch of guppies and a few loaches in it now. Is a 29 gal, I also have a small Beta tank thats not setup right now but I might put it on my desk at work :D

Mark

Scubaguy2:
Here is a shot of my tank just after I set it up in September before there were fish in it.

I've got some tetras, angel fish a bunch of guppies and a few loaches in it now. Is a 29 gal, I also have a small Beta tank thats not setup right now but I might put it on my desk at work :D

Mark

It's nice! But your kids have thrown some of their plastic toys in there. You'd better teach them a lesson, and get the toys out of there! :D

I have a pair of seven year old oscars in a 75. As for the environment; I have a couple of degrees in that nonsense and I do research that supports sustainable aquaculture development and restoration of certain species. I am in the process of joining the Peace Corps with the intention of working on sustainable aquaculture projects in developing nations.

100B0660.JPG

2 year old pic when my oscar (name's Sushi) was just under a year old. 30 Gallon, canister filter, generic halogen lamp. It would wake me up when it was playing with the golf ball.

This 30 gallon tank was the main attraction in my tiny room during my latter undergrad years. Really good conversation piece whenever we had parties. Pimping. :fro:

btw, all the pieces are out of the tank now, since he's a little bigger.

I used to have the 75 AND a 55 in my dorm room long long ago. My fish were raised in a dorm so they are rather demented :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom