How Deep does it really go?? - Aquariums & Environment.

How many of us have an aquarium?

• Freshwater

Votes: 30 75.0%
  • Saltwater

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • Under 10 fish

Votes: 22 55.0%
  • More than 10 fish

Votes: 16 40.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a 240 gallon marine tank which besides misc. little inverts currently houses a Hippo Tang I've had for 16 years, a Panther Grouper I've had for 6 and two sub-adult fish which are new additions, an Emperor Angel and a Passer Angel. I had, until two months, ago an adult Emperor Angel which I had kept for 23 years (no I am not kidding). Felt like losing a member of the family when he died. The filter system for the tank is rather elaborate including ozone injection, a regenerative skimmer, UV sterilization, ionic exchange resins, fluidized bed filter, and a 100 sq ft cartridge filter. Definitely an expensive hobby if you get into it as far as I have over the years.......

Gidds:
I used to have the 75 AND a 55 in my dorm room long long ago. My fish were raised in a dorm so they are rather demented :wink:
woah, 75 gallon! I wouldn't have been able to fit the fouton into my room if I had a tank that big! That's awesome. :)

Do you feed them feeder fish? My friends loved the show.

No feeders since they got sick a couple of times. We used to do a feeders show though, one of us would just stick our head out in the hall and yell and everybody would come running. I used to have my own disease-free strain of feeders but I stopped breeding them when I moved down here. For treats I let them have shrimp or cooked green peas. Most of the time they have to eat pellets though. The like roast beef but it's bad for them. They'll eat almost anything.

55 gal fresh water, with angel fish, and tetras, 5 gal with golg fish, and a very lonley beta! Try to conserve energy, but hard to with 3 kids and a wife lol!!! Sorry , but I peed in my WET suit!

I had fresh water aquaria as a kid and a dozen salt water aquaria in my teaching lab decades ago. However, I no longer keep an aquarium because I'm also too lazy to keep it in proper condition (even though we have salt water piped into our homes to flush our toilets with).

I will occasionally bring marine life into a holding tank to videotape them, but release them afterwards. Besides, I'm just a short walk from our dive park where I have tens of thousands of "pet" fish that I don't even have to feed!

I've been an educator for 36 years focusing on marine like, biology and conservation. I've led conservation organizations, built nature centers, etc. I have a daily local cable TV show and a weekly newspaper column on the marine environment as well as my web site.

I live in "voluntary simplicity" keeping my material purchases down by buying only solid, durable and necessary products.

I have a 75 gallon planted freshwater tank with one extreamly shy piranha. I started with eight babies the size of quaters 3.5 years ago. Now I am left with one which has some nice pearly white teath. This fish is now bigger than my hand.

As for the environment, I am a consultant in the industry.

TropicalFishStore:
I've got several aquariums. Freshwater african cichlids, and saltwater reef.

Actually I work in the industry. We sell large acrylic aquariums all around the world.

www.tropicalfishstore.com

Yeah?
How much for a 2,5 x 0,9 x 0,7 meter delivered Norway? ( 1575 liters )
-Special price for me, your friend? :D

My buddies that I had to leave at home are a peacock mantis shrimp named Spock, a tanganyikan cichlid tank for my little sister, and a 55 gallon tank with some bread 'n butter tetras and rainbows (even though they like opposite water conditions). No SW except for the mantis, didn't want to setup and empire and let it go to ruin at the hands of my family =P No good pictures of my 55, cheapo digital camera can't take any good pictures. Low lighting in the tank doesn't help.

Xerxes, in my little sisters room since I've moved:
bigface.jpg

Her tanganyikan tank, ocellatus gold and a julei of some assortment
tank.jpg

Spock's tank, no good shots of just him. Never sits still!
spocktank.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom