How Deep does it really go?? - Aquariums & Environment.

How many of us have an aquarium?

• Freshwater

Votes: 30 75.0%
  • Saltwater

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • Under 10 fish

Votes: 22 55.0%
  • More than 10 fish

Votes: 16 40.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dvr4lyf

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
How many of us divers have aquariums @ home? Freshwater or salt?
And what have you done for the environment?

Answer one or all.

No aquarium. I don't support the taking of reef fish as part of my environmental awareness. :)
I clean up my neighborhood all the time, been recycling since 1969, I have planted 500 pine trees on a hillside, I remove trash from the ocean when I see it, I used to donate to many causes and I never peed in my wetsuit. :)

I have a freshwater aquarium with 2 goldfish and a couple snails.

I've helped restore local streams by planting sedges in an area to minimize erosion. I've also removed invasive English Ivy that prevents eagles from using the tree to nest.

Don't have an aquarium. Did when I was a kid with one of those little bubbling divers. Connection? Hmmm, maybe.

Enviroment? Recycle, conserve water usage (like when shaving, brushing teeth, showering, full loads of laundry, etc), watch the thermostat & light usage at home. Cars get pretty good gas mileage. If I see trash on the ground I usually pick it up. If I see somebody littering I curse under my breath (and say to myself, "geez, how friggin ghetto")...

My hope is the little things add up.

Aquariums are another hobby of mine, here's my 10g:

120353975.jpg

I HAD a freshwater tank and a saltwater tank. I intend on getting another saltwater tank in the near future.

Environmentally: I hunt and fish responsibly; my $ for licenses and tags goes toward the management of the species I hunt/fish.
I camp with my family; increasing their awareness of the environment.
I pick up litter that others have left when I go for walks, dive, hunt, fish...
I conserve energy as best as I can.
I try to keep myself informed on environmental issues.
I recycle.
I have a garden and an orchard.
That's a start, there's probably more but my daughter is calling..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom