How cold with a 7mm?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Me personally If I had a 7MM Suit I would not go in anything less than 50F I get cold easily so it just wouldn't wprk for me. Also in those condition 40ish I would stay above 60' as the deeper you get more compression less warmth. If your looking into a drysuit I would go with Bare, Great quality lifetime warranty on seams and workmanship and will cost less than a DUI. Also watch the boards here there are some great deals to be had on Drysuits and all gear.

At Dutch Springs, I've been in 42F degree water in a full 7mm and 5/3 hooded vest but only lasted 30 minutes on each dive before calling it. It was April and I wanted to dive so badly with my buddies (who were all diving dry). :shakehead:

I would not do it again now that I have a drysuit. If you're going to be as foolish as I was, make sure to have a warm boat coat, a fleecy Elmer Fudd hat with the ear flaps (similar to a furry hat in my avatar) hot chocolate during SI. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom