How cold is it by you?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Makes you miss the pier in Ft Lauderdale doesn't it . . . .

Yeah, just a little.......gotta spare room for a few months? :D

---------- Post added January 7th, 2014 at 09:23 PM ----------

20131227_143252_zpsumxyya9h.jpg

20131224_131020_zpsonklbv3t.jpg

20131223_165030_zps9mwv7ys1.jpg

Currently -17c with a stiff breeze taking the wind chill down to -31c

Worst thing is that we had an ice storm last week while I was away and now my car is frozen to the ground in about 3 inches of ice as I park it in a low spot. I was able to get the front tires broken free (front wheel drive) with a little hot water, but the rear tires are totally encased in ice and frozen solid in place. Looks like public transit for a few days until it warms up a bit.

thats sounded wrong . . .

---------- Post added January 7th, 2014 at 09:10 PM ----------

where you heading?

I'll be in Pompano Beach all of February and half of March.

Furry hat temperature in cave country tonight...brrrrr!

a5ujysen.jpg

Good heavens,.... its been around 36 degrees celcius (about 96 F I believe) for a few weeks here in SA now and I was considering complaining about the heat, but I think I best just keep quiet. :D

..but in all honesty I cant quite imagine the weather at -10 F or more, it must be brutal.

I would love to see some pictures of the landscape though, I saw a bit on CNN but not really interesting viewing, just the usual media stuff.... can anybody shoot a few pics out their windows.?? :D

Not a very interesting view at all from outside my office window. We lost most of our snow right before the cold snap, it warmed up to mid 30's 40's and we had a little rain that melted the 5 or so inches we had on the ground. We were supposed to have gotten another 4-6 inches last Sunday but seems that passed us by. If it is going to be cold I would much rather have snow on the ground, seems to fit better. Grey and cold sucks as a general rule.

20140108_110730_zpsmctoo7lh.jpg

I guess I would never have thought to take pictures of "cold". Might be something to give some thought about and try doing for the next cold snap.

aqebuzu2.jpg
cold for us...

It's 15 here, with a wind chill around zero. It's been either freezing cold, blizzard or pouring rain since Christmas. I see an emergency trip to the islands coming very soon.

a5a7uqym.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom