How cold is it by you?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not a very interesting view at all from outside my office window. We lost most of our snow right before the cold snap, it warmed up to mid 30's 40's and we had a little rain that melted the 5 or so inches we had on the ground. We were supposed to have gotten another 4-6 inches last Sunday but seems that passed us by. If it is going to be cold I would much rather have snow on the ground, seems to fit better. Grey and cold sucks as a general rule.

20140108_110730_zpsmctoo7lh.jpg

Winter in Ohio. I remember it well. Dreaming of springtime….

My heart bleeds for you. Need me to ship you a hat and gloves? Mebbe some ear muffs? God forbid you have to leave your flip flops at home!

My heart bleeds for you. Need me to ship you a hat and gloves? Mebbe some ear muffs? God forbid you have to leave your flip flops at home!

It was raining this morning so i had to put on shoes, and a jacket :eek:hhhthehorror:

I guess I would never have thought to take pictures of "cold". Might be something to give some thought about and try doing for the next cold snap.

Yes, indeed, I hear you, one kind of gets used to your local conditions, but to me its always interesting to see pictures of different weather conditions, especially the extreme conditions it appears some areas are experiencing now.

If you were to remove the text from this post, the result would represent what I would have attempted to capture on film. It isn't as much about the snow (we ended up with about 1'), but the full white-out conditions of blowing and drifting snow that drops your visibility to 10'-15' at best under sustained 30 mph winds, and the absolute bitter biting cold that wind chill charts list a feel like temperature of -30F to -40F......

Today it was sunny, 17F, and calm when I stepped out for lunch. I actually unzipped my jacket and didn't have a hat on. After lunch, the winds had returned, and it was nasty again as i walked across the parking lot to my office.

evu8egy6.jpg
cold doesn't bother the ibis...

image_43b.jpganwar.13.jpg

The difference is dramatic I suppose.:D

These are from Prudhoe Bay.

take away the platform, and change the species to the North American Whitetail (though 5-6 would be a good number rather than 200+), and it could be my back yard here in NY....

Since you seem to like snow pix, these are from 2010. Here in central Ohio we do not get very many heavy snow falls, this was a pretty decent storm though.

Gizmo enjoyed it
IMG_1382_zpsb78168b1.jpg

IMG_1381_zps5679ee27.jpg

IMG_1378_zpscd7e8002.jpg

Looking down my driveway
IMG_1376_zps765203b8.jpg

IMG_1375_zps05afabb5.jpg

Did someone say deer?
IMG_1425_zpsbdbf2943.jpg

Back
Top Bottom