How cold is it by you?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It was six (6) degrees F this morning in Atlanta. I moved here from Southern California. Someone told me Atlanta is The South and doesn't get very cold. Ha.

Cold enough that my brass monkey was concerned.:D

Here in Taylorsville, North Carolina, it got down to 3 degrees. Now I know it gets colder in other places but 3 degrees is cold to us. However, the water temperature is 48 degrees. Of course at 08:00 this morning when I was getting out of the water, finishing a dive, I immediately got back in the water just to warm up. Within minutes of exiting the water the second time, the zipper on my drysuit was frozen. I then had to get back in the water just to thaw it out. Maybe the big man upstairs is telling me that I need to stay in the water and go dive some more. My wife thinks that I'm crazy for diving (or hunting) when it gets this cold, but then again she married me so does that make her just as crazy.

Currently 7°F /-14°C in Manhattan. A fun ride across town on a CitiBike today.

21f but to hear the media talk about it you would think that we are in the sequel of The Day After.........save us from the dreaded Polar Vortex.........:rofl3:

-9 when I left for work. Now a balmy 2. That's in farenheit. Don't know what that translates to in centigrade. And frankly don't give rodent's posterior. I know it's damn cold in any fashion. With the windchill.last night on my hill about -40. For those complaining of it going down to anything above 40 - bite me. :=).
All schools canceled. Never had that happen when I was a kid due to the cold. Snow yes but never cold. Another reason we are becoming a nation of wusses. Little frostbite is good for a kid. Toughens em up. Not today though. On top of fighting bears and wolves we learned a thing or two in my day dammit! Kids today are soft. Too cold stay home, too hot turn up the AC, no wildlife to deal with, lucky bast#£ds.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

20F this A.M. in Destin on the FL panhandle. That's considerably colder than back home near Halifax, Nova Scotia at the moment. Saw my breath. Some subtropical plants have shriveled up (dead?). These are 10 year record lows for here. Not a shock to us after 25 years in N. Manitoba with 3 months of -30 (daytime high, without wind chill). TV news said in Midwest exposed skin could freeze in 5 minutes. Up North we used to hear within 30 seconds. Back to 60 here soon--let the diving begin.

55F at the time of this writing. It should be mid 60s in a couple of hours. Another short and tshirt day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom