How cold does it have to be?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Drysuit without a question!! Semidry isn't of much help in these temperatures especially if you are going to do more than one dive a day and still want to be comfortable and safe or go deeper.

Last edited:
Drysuit! I dive drysuit all year round, even in the Red Sea and during training in the swimming pool. I hate wet suits :rolleyes:

Anything be,ow 20c/68f and I'm in a drysuit,which is about 8 months of the year. I feel the cold. For me nothing ruins a dive more than being cold.

$4000 difference? You really need to shop around! You could be into a drysuit with all the extras for under $2000. Higher drysuit price does not always equal better quality or less issues. Give DRIS a call and see what they can do on a package price. At the temps you are diving at I would not even consider a wetsuit.

$4000 difference? You really need to shop around! You could be into a drysuit with all the extras for under $2000. Higher drysuit price does not always equal better quality or less issues. Give DRIS a call and see what they can do on a package price. At the temps you are diving at I would not even consider a wetsuit.

DRIS's website has a drop down in the upper right corner of the home page where you can indicate which country you're shopping from. This puts prices in your home country's currency.

Buy Scuba Dive Gear & Accessories Online | Discount Scuba Gear Store | Dive Right In Scuba | www.diverightinscuba.com - Dive Right in Scuba

You couldn't pay me to dive in 5C water in a wet or semi-drysuit. I would be super reluctant even in 9C.

And if I had a drysuit for those temps, I would definitely use it for all the other conditions you (the OP) described. My drysuit is great in water down to 3C and up to 25C. Warmer than that, combined with hot air temps on the surface and it starts to get a bit too warm.

I've never dived wet at all. I was somewhat chilly in 60F/15F water in my drysuit with only a light fleece base layer under. Diving that even semi-wet? Brrr...

I was somewhat chilly in 60F/15F water

That is a SERIOUS thermocline! With a seriously high glycol content! :rofl3:

That is a SERIOUS thermocline! With a seriously high glycol content! :rofl3:

Stu, Stu, Stu...:letsparty::p

I'm getting my first *really* cold water dives at Mermet next weekend. Water should be mid-40s.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom