How Can I Stop Blisters From Forming On My Toes?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK, so I bought some Beefy Socks. I finally got a chance to dive with them over this past weekend. They worked! No blisters, even when using my favorite Jet Fins! Thanks for the advice!

Whew, glad that worked because my solution was gonna be "Cut them toes off!"

I kid, I kid..

Lycra socks are good and so is a product called Moleskin which can be bought at a drugstore. It is basically thick padding with good adhesive and will cushion any part of your foot. You buy it in small sheets and cut it to the shape and size you need.

I sometimes wear regular Hanes crew socks with my open heel Jet Fins. Just socks, no booties. Works great but I get weird looks from people when I come out of the water with soggy and droopy socks on. They also get sandy when I do a beach dive and walk back to my truck. It's no problem as long as I don't put them in the laundry hamper when I get home. My wife wasn't very happy about wet sandy socks in the laundry the first time I tried them. I learned real quick not to do that again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom