How Can I Stop Blisters From Forming On My Toes?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paladin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Over the past few years, I have developed hammer toe on both feet. The knuckles of my toes rub the inside of full foot fins and the inside of boots when I'm using open heel fins. Does anyone have suggestions as to what I can do to prevent this?

Duct tape works great, but I've found that Lycra socks is a better permanent fix.

Bob

Yes, neoprene or lycra socks.

yep sox win. I used sharkskin and various dive socks for years. Without socks I would get blisters every time. I had surgery to my foot and have trouble fitting the specialty socks. I have found that good pair of wool socks works just fine. It protects the rather tender incision site as well.

Other suggestion is between dives get the boots off so the feet can dry out on the surface interval. Having soggy feet for extended time also cause problems.

Many years ago a dive photography professional turned me on to lycra socks. The only time I've had a blister since is the day I misplaced one of my socks and dove without it. Never again!! If one pair is good two pair are even better (I don't mean to wear at one time but just in case you lose one on a big dive trip)

Back
Top Bottom