How best to dispose of a dead sensor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scared Silly

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a couple of O2 sensors that are dead. I was wondering are any of the electronics reusable? I hate to just throw them into the land fill as the do contain some caustics. More and more I like to be able to reduce/reuse/recycle as much as possible. Any suggestion - I would be happy to send them to CA if they could be rebuilt.

I have a couple of O2 sensors that are dead. I was wondering are any of the electronics reusable? I hate to just throw them into the land fill as the do contain some caustics. More and more I like to be able to reduce/reuse/recycle as much as possible. Any suggestion - I would be happy to send them to CA if they could be rebuilt.

Hi ya Scared Silly,

We provide free electronics waste recycling for Analox products and consumables. These sensor should not be disposed in a landfill. Please feel free to snail mail them to my office at
Analox
E-Waste
5981 Engineer Dr
Huntington Beach, CA 92649

Safe Diving,
Patti

Yes, excellent I like companies that take back their dead products and dispose of them properly. Too bad more companies do not have such programs (they are required in parts of Europe).

Back
Top Bottom