How bad of a scuba gear hoarder are you?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I feel a lot of us are thinking "Whew, I'm not so bad after all, there's hoarders a lot worse than me". Keep the bad examples coming.
BTW I " forgot" to mention my 70 tanks and 4 compressors.
70! Holy hell. Lol

I have way to much gear as well,
It was all a good deal,
There's one item in the lot, might as well take it all, and that's how I get more stuff than I need,

70! Holy hell. Lol
In fairness, I have to say that I do rent them out and operate a fill station. A friend came by the other night and said his father in law told him to throw out "all that old scuba stuff", so he brought it to my place. 2 Scubapro Mk20s with G250s and octos, gauges. A transpac harness with single wing, a doubles wing and a lady's SP bcd. All useable but needs a bit of love. What could I say?

In fairness, I have to say that I do rent them out and operate a fill station. A friend came by the other night and said his father in law told him to throw out "all that old scuba stuff", so he brought it to my place. 2 Scubapro Mk20s with G250s and octos, gauges. A transpac harness with single wing, a doubles wing and a lady's SP bcd. All useable but needs a bit of love. What could I say?
You did the right thing

No is a complete sentence.

I have almost every metallic scuba item I've ever owned, going back to the 60s. I have my first 1969 SP MK5, worn and slightly dented, as well as the 'spare' MK5s I bought in the 70s, still new it their boxes, untouched in nearly a half-century, as well as the Mk 5 safety second I still use. Seven or eight different first stages, at least a dozen second stages, J valves, metal weight belt buckles from defunct brands, old computers, boxes of spare parts, everything imaginable, new parts for obsolete equipment, early DIN conversions, ancient wet suits, nifty backpacks from the pre-BCD era, a bewildering array of snorkels, masks that remind me of trips I took 40 years ago, enough lead to sink a small watercraft, and fins galore. Only 4 tanks, though, three of which I still use. I love all of it. Just going through it all on a cold winter night is a delight, trying to remember how and when I came to own things a challenge for an old man's memory.

For the record, if you come across that kind of situation call me before you say no. I'd even cover the shipping!

I was given a mask, snorkel, fins, and booties last year from someone who wasn’t able to finish OW. They went in the trash. Couldn’t be bothered with trying to find someone to take them.

How bad of a scuba gear hoarder am I? Stuff keeps coming in and nothing ever goes out except to the dump or lost at sea.
Poseidon has claimed some of [what I thought] was my stuff, he has let me keep what is required to stay alive though.
Payment made periodically are expected.

I think I'm done with obtaining any more gear. Parts to keep it going however are the current obsession.....

Then again, I'm eying a new drysuit.....

I have the unfortunate responsibility of going through my deceased (COVID) friend's/buddy's gear to help his wife deal with it. He had quite a collection.....

Back
Top Bottom