How bad of a scuba gear hoarder are you?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eric Sedletzky

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Just curious how bad some of you might be suffering from this disease.
I had a bout pretty bad about 10-15 years ago where people were giving me all sorts of free gear, regs, tanks, old BC’s, etc.
I had boxes of the stuff and no way of actually diving it, not even some day. So I was forced to make hard decisions on what to sell and give away. I’m down to about 5 sets of regs now which I still can’t dive them all regularly but it’s as far as I’m willing to give up for now. I must confess however that I still have a “thing” for steel 72’s (3/4” O-ring valve, galvie, no liners or paint- hint:wink:)
I justify my 72 addiction as “running a steel 72 rescue center” for the better of humanity.
Does the term “if you know how many you have, then you don’t have enough” (of any certain type of equipment) mean that you have a problem?

There is nothing wrong with this! Or so I say.

This is what my living room looked like before I packed up for this weekend’s diving in Ohio. There are 4 tanks in my SUV and 2 on the other side of the living room. My bedroom is the only room without any gear in in. Unless you count drysuit undies. :rofl3:

I hope I can find a place with a garage when I likely move up to WI next summer. I’d love to not live with my tanks. I currently have a small one bedroom place and work from home.

I know what I have, but there’s a lot of it for a small space. Thank goodness the LP50s don’t take up a lot of room. I tend to sell stuff as I don’t need it. I don’t have the space.

7077E000-F9E0-43A1-AF61-A5077762762B.jpeg

Oh No,I would have to admit to having a problem [past and present] , in the past I was in denial, it has worked, so I will keep doing it.
No problem [repeat after me, no problem and driven home ad nauseam ].

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom