How are gas prices and inflation going to affect your diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just like catalytic converters piss me off.
Catalytic converters make some sense.
Try diesel DPF systems.. those make zero sense. Use more fuel, are totally unreliable. Reburn stuff that's been burnt.. ( what's the difference,
burn it now or burn it later...)

So far not too bad only around $4 -$4.50 in Colorado. Airfare will be more impactful but only because they can, their prices are locked in for a couple of years is my guess.

$7 at the marina this morning. It is starting to have a direct effect on diving.

They’ll probably price it per quart.
Too bad my truck doesn’t run on Jet-A fuel. One of my customers is a jet fuel tanker truck company and they are always offering me free jet fuel to use as paint thinner/cleaner etc. it’s basically the last 5 gallon clean out/pour-off from the lines of a 7000 gal tank trailer, which is nothing. Jet is basically just very clean refined kerosene with no oily residue and no additives. It’s pure petroleum.
If you have a mechanical diesel, they will run fine on Jet A. Mix it 50:1 with two stroke oil.
The mechanical pump and nozzles need the lubricity from the two stroke oil. It works great.

For the rest I would like to see the actual numbers for the hybrid.
Haven't found that article... I do know if we all drove 1986 ish vw diesel golf or rabbits the hybrid would not be even close.. you can't beat 60miles per gallon.😃
But you will not speed to easily either

I laugh every time I hear this electric BS at least here in the US it take as much if not more oil to make the electricity than your vehicles use. And don't even look at how much it takes to make the batteries with a relatively short lifespan.
This may work some places like Norway, cause 97% of their electricity comes from hydro. Or France, who's got 70% nukular power. But US still gets 61% from fossil fuels. So at the very best, EVs can save only 40% oil, gas and coal here.

I laugh every time I hear this electric BS at least here in the US it take as much if not more oil to make the electricity than your vehicles use. And don't even look at how much it takes to make the batteries with a relatively short lifespan.
I'll never claim that my electric car is better for the environment in any way than my old gas powered one was, but it is a hell of a lot better for my wallet, which I believe was the original question.

If you have a mechanical diesel, they will run fine on Jet A. Mix it 50:1 with two stroke oil.
The mechanical pump and nozzles need the lubricity from the two stroke oil. It works great.
Or mix in BioDiesel if you have a compatible fuel system components.

The long term extra wear from lower lubricity ultra-low sulfer highway diesel should be interesting. I'd love to see B5 (95% petro, 5% bio) become commonly available, if just for the wear prevention.

Is there some specific problem with HEUI or Common Rail systems with Kero?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom