How about this---What line of equipment in the SCUBA Industry is overpriced?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Being a starving marine biologist, I buy much of my gear second hand and find prices on such equipment to be reasonable. Besides, some of the "older" equipment seems to be better made anyway.

Of course when I first started buying dive gear in the 60's I think the prices were even more outrageous adjusted for inflation. Smaller market back then.

With a big smile on my face I agree with James Goddard's list, especially every other name!

Dr. Bill

Lift Bag- $70-$80 bucks!

Dry Suit Gloves- $100?? I believe someone hit this on the dot, buy it @ Kmart.

Dry Suit Underwear- $300-500 big ones??

Doctor Bill,

If you will do the math, the life-time warranty and free parts forever of you-know-who that appeared as every other name on Goddard's list would explain the prices.

Shame on you for agreeing with someone unlearned and without a ph.d. !!

P.S. On the wetsuit hanger, duct tape two plastic hangers together or use a piece of pvc pipe.

Walter once bubbled...
Snorkels!!!!!!!!

A snorkel is a curved tube. Shouldn't be over $5. Too many folks are convinced they need bells and whistles on a snorkel. Incompetent instructors strike again.

I'd amend this post to this:

Too many folks are convinced they need snorkels. Incompetent instructors, lawmakers, and certifying agencies strike again.

Actually, I think we all need snorkels. I don't think we need them all the time, but they certainly make skin diving much easier. Unfortunately, those incompetent instructors don't teach skin diving. Too bad, it's a great sport and it makes you a better SCUBA diver.

Walter once bubbled...
Actually, I think we all need snorkels. I don't think we need them all the time, but they certainly make skin diving much easier. Unfortunately, those incompetent instructors don't teach skin diving. Too bad, it's a great sport and it makes you a better SCUBA diver.

I think it is ok if you want to use a snorkel. I am not going to bash anybody for wanting to use one, but come on...do you really need a radio in it??? :mean:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom