How about the Aeris Velocity Fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by Zagnut
...Does anybody out there own these fins? Has anybody used these fins? If so, how do you like them? How well do they hold up over time? How do you like the design of the strap and bucke?...

I have these, I like them. I think that they are a nice compromise between split fins and paddle fins, though I've not tried split fins yet.

The strap and buckle stink, like most of the stuff out there. I made my own, you can see some cheesy instructions on how to do it at http://www.public.iastate.edu/~cburkart/fins/fin_index.htm

:)

Chris

I've done most of my diving with Aeris Velocities, and I like them quite a bit. I'm now looking at split-fins, though, because I am able to move faster, more easily with the split-fins. I probably wouldn't bother to change from Velocities, though, if it weren't for the fact that most of the people I dive with are using split fins, and I am definitely slower than they are when I'm in the Velocities (plus the fact that I need to get new fins anyway now that I have a drysuit, since the size of Velocities I have fit me in booties, but not drysuit boots.) However, the Velocities are pretty comfortable, and as someone who doesn't have the strongest legs, the Velocities did NOT feel hard to move through the water, yet supplied decent power (thrust) when I pumped my legs harder. I think that they are a really good buy for anyone who doesn't want to spend the money on split-fins.

otter-cat

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom