Suggestion How about an Old Coots Forum...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
DandyDon

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
You know, where we can post about colons, "Flomax," and such without grossing out those who don't remember Eisenhower.

The more I deal with becoming gray and not so tough, the more I wonder what I'm missing? I know about Geezer Gas, and I learned about DVT. What's next for this aging diver?

Just an idea. I guess I can handle it all in the current forums and try not to be a bother.... :D

Footslogger:
Well ...at 56 (soon to be 57) I guess I pass the entry requirments but despite the miles on this chassis I still think and act like someone in their 30's. Not sure I'd relate very well to anyone who considered themself to be an old coot.

'Slogger
30's???? My little pea brain still thinks it's 18! Some of the checks are bouncin' though :)
Rick

Ah forever young...the body ages but the mind stays 18. And then there are the guys who are eternally stuck in the eighth grade.

Footslogger:
Well ...at 56 (soon to be 57) I guess I pass the entry requirments but despite the miles on this chassis I still think and act like someone in their 30's. Not sure I'd relate very well to anyone who considered themself to be an old coot.

'Slogger
Yeah, yeah, I know. I like to think that many half my age find it difficult to keep up with me, and - that's largely true. Yet ignore the special needs of our age (I'm maybe 2 years ahead of you), and such an attitude can kill you. I ignored DVT symptoms for a week and did 4 dives to 82 ft/110 altitude & cold adjusted leading and care taking a couple of newbies. Not sure why I'm alive to tell that story?

When's the last time you saw a proctologist or urologist, had your cholesterol checked, etc? That very close call got me to catch up on a lot of other needs, and working out more, so I'm in much, much better condition today than 6 months ago, but a lot of that was luck.

Bratface:
Dr. Bill.....shame on you, you old dog. Chasing around after the younger chicks and wasting all your energy. There's plenty of us older ladies around that still have it going on. What's wrong with a 50 year old hottie? Plus we have our own wallets.
I don't think he said anything about age. I like "cute young things" myself - but of any age. My last GF is older than you, but dynamic and has taken care to avoid the pitfalls that most ladies our age accept.
By the way, we can arrange for your colonoscopy for free....without anesthesia.
No comment, suggest the same for my old buddy.
cheeky-smiley-020.gif

Bratface:
Ah forever young...the body ages but the mind stays 18. And then there are the guys who are eternally stuck in the eighth grade.
Some of us haven't made it that far yet ... :wink:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Well I don't know what constitutes being an "old coot" but I can tell you that older gentleman make my knees week so I would thilled with the idea that there was a place to congregate with them :05:

DandyDon:
When's the last time you saw a proctologist or urologist, had your cholesterol checked, etc?
========================================
Well ...I've got a medical background and work in a clinic so I stay on top of that stuff. In fact we just all had our blood drawn this week for screening. Stuff happens and I could always get surprised but I really don't worry too much about things that haven't happened yet. Nowadays there are a lot of people who have SO much information they live in a constant state of worry. I watch what I eat, get plenty of exercise, fresh air (Wyoming style) and rest and pretty much leave the rest to good genes and chance.

'Slogger

Perhaps you would find better company for these topics over at the AARP website than Scubaboard. :wink:

Git outta here ya young whipper-snapper !!!!

the K-oot

JulieParkhurst:
I can tell you that older gentleman make my knees week...
The last time this happened to me was because the lady in question was weak from laughter! Bwahahahaha! Bwahahahaha! :D

Back
Top Bottom