How about a midwest forum?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverbob:
I suggested this last week, and here are the responses I got:

http://www.scubaboard.com/t64152.html

I think getting 10 people would be simple

So I see. Guess I missed it before so I've merged these two threads.

I count 8 right now:

diverbob
nauifins73
BeckiLeigh
Jmaserati
crpntr133
stingray1
MsParamedic
James Goddard

10 will be easy for the entire midwest. I'll tell Terry to chime in if he's at the Treasure Hunt tomorrow.
I'd say we can start thinking about a name. Suggestions anyone? I'll throw out one:

MidWest Muck Divers

James

You could split IL between the two, I get to Mermet as often as I get to Mars. Although I plan to pass back that way someday (Mermet, not Mars.)

I would like to see you MO folks cordoned off to one particular area though 8-P, mostly cuz I'm still looking for that cavern/underground lake where the water is supposed to be 72 or 68 year round. Swear I saw a sign on I-44 one time but haven't ever heard of it again, between that and some straight info on places like Table Rock, Bull Shoals, Beaver Lake would be awesome. I'm trying to talk the family into a Beaver Lake camping trip later this year, I remember snorkeling there as a kid when my dad and uncle dove it.

James Goddard:
So I see. Guess I missed it before so I've merged these two threads.

I count 8 right now:

diverbob
nauifins73
BeckiLeigh
Jmaserati
crpntr133
stingray1
MsParamedic
James Goddard

10 will be easy for the entire midwest. I'll tell Terry to chime in if he's at the Treasure Hunt tomorrow.
I'd say we can start thinking about a name. Suggestions anyone? I'll throw out one:

MidWest Muck Divers

James

Sure, put me on the list, I'll help you get to 10. I'm definitely in favor of sharing MW dive info, and if a club will help, I'm for it.

theskull

It looks like your efforts are going very, very well, I recommend that one of you contacts NetDoc and arranges to start up this club or at least get it on everyones mind.

I'm all for a MW forum.

brianwl:
I'm all for a MW forum.
Well that makes 10:

diverbob
nauifins73
BeckiLeigh
Jmaserati
crpntr133
stingray1
MsParamedic
James Goddard
brianwl
theskull

All we need now, I think, is a name. I've thrown out one suggestion, anybody have any others?

I'll PM Pete and point him to the thread...

James

Hmmm, MW Quariors ? I know there are caves and such around the MW too, though.

brianwl:
Hmmm, MW Quariors ? I know there are caves and such around the MW too, though.
Yea, I had thought of MidWest Quarry Divers, but didn't suggest it because of the caves....oh, and the lakes...oh yea, the mine....

I'll vote for Midwest Muck Divers if you can say it 5 times fast!

theskull

Back
Top Bottom