Suggestion how about a max pic size when using [IMG}

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
mike_s

mike_s

Contributor
Reaction score
can you guys set a max pic size that can be used with tags?

Sometimes people post these HUGE pictures that cause all kinds of screen wrap problems with the text.

Perhaps limit pics shows in [IMG] to something like 800x600 or automatically resize them down?

I don't see Clay's - altho it has blown my page...!

DandyDon:
I don't see Clay's - altho it has blown my page...!
Well, like I said, it's transparent. :D

(If you use the mouse to drag-select my post, or hit Ctrl-A to select all on the page, you can see the single-pixel-tall image as a horizontal line between the :biggrin: and the :rofl3:.)

Of course, it's not just the horizontal dimension that can be an issue...
ScrollMonsterV.gif

:D

I guess he made his point. :wink:

ClayJar:
I thought it was Mike's point I was illustrating. :D

might not matter.

16 replies to this thread.

76 views of this thread.

And not a single comment by SB STAFF for a thread started in their
very own SITE SUGGESTIONS for a thread that is not about a week old.

mike_s:
And not a single comment by SB STAFF for a thread started in their
very own SITE SUGGESTIONS for a thread that is not about a week old.
Actually, what I was thinking is that it's almost certainly a built-in configuration setting on the new version of the board software to which they are planning a near-term update. It's not exactly easy to reply in this thread anymore, which I believe illustrates the point quite unambiguously, and even if they haven't posted here (yet), as long as the update has the setting, I'll be content.

NetDoc:
Coming soon: an upgrade to the newest version of vBulliten with a ton of new features. We will develop this on a third server first BEFORE we swap over to it. When we are happy with it, we will clone it to the current server and load balance the two to provide you with quick and fault tolerant access to your favorite surface interval.
I'd bet that we're in good hands (but if any of the staff want to brave trying to find the reply buttons here, by all means, enjoy the madhouse that is this thread :D).

mike_s:
Good point Clay... they might waiting for the next "upgrade"
There's also the point that this thread was not so fascinatingly self-illustrating until today. :rofl3:

Back
Top Bottom