Suggestion how about a max pic size when using [IMG}

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
mike_s

mike_s

Contributor
Reaction score
can you guys set a max pic size that can be used with tags?

Sometimes people post these HUGE pictures that cause all kinds of screen wrap problems with the text.

Perhaps limit pics shows in [IMG] to something like 800x600 or automatically resize them down?

a great idea!

used to be some really long user names that caused screen wrap problems too. I don't know if there is any limitation on new user names now that would help minimize this, but limiting the width of the left are could be useful too.

I think this is a great idea...
K

mike_s:
can you guys set a max pic size that can be used with tags?

Sometimes people post these HUGE pictures that cause all kinds of screen wrap problems with the text.

Perhaps limit pics shows in [IMG] to something like 800x600 or automatically resize them down?[/QUOTE]
Very good idea, and I have seen it done on other V-boards at which oversized pics were automatically reduced to 700 wide.

I used Photobucket for many of the images I use here, and have my account set to automatically reduce to 640 wide, but some internet images are indeed larger.

DandyDon:
Very good idea, and I have seen it done on other V-boards at which oversized pics were automatically reduced to 700 wide.

I used Photobucket for many of the images I use here, and have my account set to automatically reduce to 640 wide, but some internet images are indeed larger.

I do the same thing with photobucket. I use either a max width of 640 or 800 depending on the pic and what I want it for. it seems to work well.

but not everyone and every pic is on photobucket.

so the 1024 pics just really screw up the thread width.

I'm almost tempted to see what the max pic width I can post is, just to see how bad it is on thread wrap.

mike_s:
I do the same thing with photobucket. I use either a max width of 640 or 800 depending on the pic and what I want it for. it seems to work well.

but not everyone and every pic is on photobucket.

so the 1024 pics just really screw up the thread width.

I'm almost tempted to see what the max pic width I can post is, just to see how bad it is on thread wrap.
Like this...? :lol2:

mexico_pol97.jpg

DandyDon:
Like this...? :lol2:
No. Like this. :biggrin:

ScrollMonster.gif

:rofl3:

Incidentally, the Scroll Monster is 30,000 pixels wide (the limit for many common graphics formats and programs) and 1 pixel tall. It's also transparent, and only 260 bytes (unoptimized).

(Oh, and sorry about the inconvenience of such an extreme example. :D)

mike_s:
I knew we could count on you Don :rofl3:
But... but... mine was over 20 times as wide as his... :(

:D

(Actually, the irony is that Don's wasn't even wide enough to give me a scroll bar on this nice large, high-resolution widescreen monitor. The 30,000-pixel one was plenty, of course.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom