How about a Brownstone Quarry update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just dove there last week. The quarry changes week to week. The improvements have been massive. There is quite a lot of interest in the quarry from swimmers, fisherman, kayakers, and other areas. They are at capacity that means they are gettin quite enough business than they can handle. They have put down fine gravel so there is no mud to slosh around in any more. and it even goes under the water, They have platforms and a navigation course. Also platforms at the entrance so you can gear up and role into the water, They have many hand built picnic tables (Dave built them) with umbrellas for shade. They have put up a gate to hinder night time intruders. The have a blow up water slide and trampoline. It amazing waht they have done.

They have weeded some of the banks and placed shrubbery and mulch at quite an expense.
NE Dive Center in Wallingord is having a picnic and a raffle this Saturday at the quarry and I have comitted to attend. The prizes I hear are expensive etc.

Rumor also has it that someone found something potentially of value in the quarry but this rumor is yet to be confirmed pending an appraisal of the item.

I understand its not the ocean but if you want to dive and have an easy or challenging dive, test gear, meet new people, save on travelling expenses and traffic hassels on a rough ocean day, the quarry is a nice option for people in CT and we do have a lot od divers in CT. I see plates from all over NE at the quarry and further for thise inlanders who want a change from their inland dive spots.

I hope this clears things up for ya.

ScubaSarus:
and placed shrubbery

Knight of Ni: "Firstly, you must find us.......another shrubbery!"

Arthur: "Not another shrubbery!"

Other Knights of Ni: "Ni!!!!!!"

Knight of Ni: "Then, when you have found the shrubbery, you must place it here beside this shrubbery, only slightly higher so you get a two-level effect with a little path running down the middle."

Other Knights of Ni: "A path! A path! A path! Ni! Shhhh! Ni! Ni! Shhhh!"

Knight of Ni: "Then, when you have found the shrubbery, you must cut down the mightiest tree in the forest with........a herring!"

Yes Chris

They no longer charge $10 to get in. You have to bring a shrubbery and stand on the edge of the cliff and tell them your favorite color.

Good to hear from ya. I may be out to RI next weekend for some diving maybe we can do a dive or 2.

Well...Chris has done a pretty good job of summing it up. We thank him for the support, and kind words! If you havent been here in a while, there have been lots of changes. There will be another 5 picnic tables by tomorrow afternoon, (and we hope to find umbrellas to go with them) A new $6,000 water "toy" is up and running for the swimmers, and lifegards are on duty to keep everyone safe. We are happy to say that the vis is now a consistant 25' as long as mother nature keeps the rain away! The good people of New England dive ctr. in wallingford are sponsoring a picnic here this Saturday, and have some great stuff to raffle off. The weather looks fantastic for the weekend, and we should enjoy a good turnout. As always, we love to see new faces in the mix, and hope you come out to help support N. England dive's picnic! Maybe you'll get lucky and walk away with some cool new toys from the raffle as well!

OH! Dr chris, it MAY be time for your medication!!! :)

dbg40:

Sorry.... haven't been diving in a few days, I am getting low on nitrogen. :D

Sounds like you have been really busy, I may have to come out there and brave the f-f-f-freshwater.... *twitch*.... and check it out!

ScubaSarus:
Good to hear from ya. I may be out to RI next weekend for some diving maybe we can do a dive or 2.

I'll probably be around at least one of the days.

RIOceanographer:
Sounds like you have been really busy, I may have to come out there and brave the f-f-f-freshwater.... *twitch*.... and check it out!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

dbg40:
Well...Chris has done a pretty good job of summing it up. We thank him for the support, and kind words! If you havent been here in a while, there have been lots of changes. There will be another 5 picnic tables by tomorrow afternoon, (and we hope to find umbrellas to go with them) A new $6,000 water "toy" is up and running for the swimmers, and lifegards are on duty to keep everyone safe. We are happy to say that the vis is now a consistant 25' as long as mother nature keeps the rain away! The good people of New England dive ctr. in wallingford are sponsoring a picnic here this Saturday, and have some great stuff to raffle off. The weather looks fantastic for the weekend, and we should enjoy a good turnout. As always, we love to see new faces in the mix, and hope you come out to help support N. England dive's picnic! Maybe you'll get lucky and walk away with some cool new toys from the raffle as well!

Don't forget about the BIGGEST attraction...you know....the 40 footer.....

Back
Top Bottom