Shearwater cloud computer update current version recognition

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fastmarc

Just drifting along...
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Recently after a dive I was uploading my dives to the cloud and after I noticed that It offered me to update my computer. I didn't remember the version number my computer was on but assumed that it wouldn't have offered me an update if it wasn't newer than the one I'm currently on, so I did the update. As it turns out, I was already on the most current version and this was the same version that was offered. I don't think updating too the same firmware unnecessarily will do any harm (Will it?), but I was a little annoyed but I wasted my precious battery on it. Lol
Would it not be a good idea to have this grayed out if you are already on the current version?
Are there risks if you unnecessarily update your computer?

It did not hurt your computer & probably drained less than 1% of your battery.

Recently after a dive I was uploading my dives to the cloud and after I noticed that It offered me to update my computer. I didn't remember the version number my computer was on but assumed that it wouldn't have offered me an update if it wasn't newer than the one I'm currently on, so I did the update. As it turns out, I was already on the most current version and this was the same version that was offered. I don't think updating too the same firmware unnecessarily will do any harm (Will it?), but I was a little annoyed but I wasted my precious battery on it. Lol
Would it not be a good idea to have this grayed out if you are already on the current version?
Are there risks if you unnecessarily update your computer?
It is pretty simple/basic coding logic for the App to compare the currently installed version vs. the current “available” version and indicate the wat h is on the current level. Possibly with an option to re-install the same version if wanted. Again, Shearwater makes good products and stands behind them, their software is garbage.

It did not hurt your computer & probably drained less than 1% of your battery.
I figured it was unlikely to hunt it, but for some reason I just felt annoyed and it bugged me way more than it should have, hence the post. Lol
Still think it would be ideal if it recognizes you're on the current version though.

Still think it would be ideal if it recognizes you're on the current version though.
Agreed---Shearwater cloud software etc could use some modernizing.

Back
Top Bottom