Feature request -- delete same dive on multiple devices

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LFMarm

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I always dive with 2 computers (NERD 2 and Perdix 2 when in CC or Teric and Perdix 2 when in OC) and I end up with duplicate dives in my Shearwater Cloud. This requires manually deleting one dive for each couple from both the Cloud and the device (if you don't do both they keep getting uploaded to the cloud). It would be great to have a feature that recognizes duplicate dives (same duration, max depth, average depth, etc.) and ask to delete one of the 2 without the need to do it manually. @Shearwater

Could you skip downloading dives from the Perdix, thus just getting your CC dives from the NERD and your OC dives from the Teric? No more duplicates.

I always dive with 2 computers (NERD 2 and Perdix 2 when in CC or Teric and Perdix 2 when in OC) and I end up with duplicate dives in my Shearwater Cloud. This requires manually deleting one dive for each couple from both the Cloud and the device (if you don't do both they keep getting uploaded to the cloud). It would be great to have a feature that recognizes duplicate dives (same duration, max depth, average depth, etc.) and ask to delete one of the 2 without the need to do it manually. @Shearwater

If I may. I dive with 2 computers also and ran in to the same thing you are. Then I realized that there was no need to download from my backup computer. That it was there in case my primary failed. Once I treated my backup computer as a backup life became easier.

Problem is that my backup for CC is my main for OC (Perdix) so I cannot just delete all the dives on that computer.

You do not have to download every dive, you can pick individual dives

Edit: my main perdix is always on my right arm no matter what. On CC I have a petrel controller on the left, on OC I have a backup perdix. The only computer that I retrieve logs from is my main perdix.

You do not have to download every dive, you can pick individual dives

Sure but it will quickly become a very long list of dives to select from when syncing. As of now I either upload to cloud or delete from device if it’s a duplicate

Why not just download all your dives from the Perdix? Is there something that the Nerd gives you that the Perdix does not?

Why not just download all your dives from the Perdix? Is there something that the Nerd gives you that the Perdix does not?
Actual pO2 and hence accurate deco calculations

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom