Hose from left side on Sherwood Brut 2nd stage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sierrakilo

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi.

Is it possible to "reverse" the internals in the Brut 2nd stage, so you have the LP-hose coming from the right?

Best regards,
SK

What vintage, got a picture?

I have had several Bruts ranging in age from 15 years to 5 years with three different cases. None would seem to allow for it. BUT I have two older round case Sherwood Shadow octos that have a left side inlet to the case but take a special hose. I have not worked on them enough to say if they could be modifed for a standard hose. Spectrum? Do you know?

The standard has a hose with a Y adapter so that it can be plugged into the BC inflator.

Spectrum? Do you know?

No, but I knew there were at least a few generations and more detail might help the right person coming across the thread.

Relating to that though I dive the Sherwood Standard alternate, which is a yellow Brut 2nd circa 2005. I run it on my left and have no desire to reverse it. On the left it presents perfectly to a face to face diver in need or one swimming to my left. In the event that I need to use it it is just a tad wet upside down and the standard hose gives me enough length to flip it around my neck if I want to spend real time breathing from it. Just a thought.

Pete

Thanks for your help guys

The one I was looking at, was this one. I presume it's the latest model. It appears it has an 's' branded plug on the left side, which I thought might cover another inlet. I can't tell though, and I cannot find any schematics I can tell from either. Any idea?

Best regards,
SK

The part with the S on it is actually a stem that anchors the diaphragm cover, it is molded into the box bottom body. Right hand feed only.

Hog switchback is probably what you want for the money and time it would take to convert.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom