Sherwood Brut 1st with Magnum II 2nd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thbcthomas

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have a Sherwood Brut 1st stage with a Magnum II 2nd that I am looking to get serviced. No one in my area services sherwood, so I am looking for recommendations for somewhere to ship it off to. I believe the dry bleed is a little more difficult to service, so hoping someone can help me find a good technician to rebuild it.

Attachments

• 20230131_202628.jpg
    20230131_202628.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 46
  • 20230131_202546.jpg
    20230131_202546.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 46
@apedai Thanks for the info. I am hoping someone knows a shop that does good work, specifically on the brut. I think Air tech might be my best option.

The brut is pretty simple to service. 3 o rings and a seat. The older dry bleed function was built into the piston. If yours still works then leave it alone. If it doesn’t bubble correctly then the piston needs to be replaced, not a serviceable part. Just keep it free of lubricant and cleaning fluid.

Northeast scuba supply sells the service kit and a new piston if you mess up the old one.

Back
Top Bottom