Servicing older Sherwood regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

richs0

New
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I need to get my regulators services, and one LDS wants $160 -$175 per set. Another is refusing to touch them as they're from the 80's and 90's. Are parts kits no longer available for older regs?
I have a couple BRUTS from the mid 90's, a pair of Oasis from around 91, a couple Magnum Blizzards from early 80's (around 83 or so) and an old 3100 from 1980. I guess the 3100 should be put in an archive, the Blizzards might also deserve a permanent retirement... but the Oasis and Bruts should still serviceable. As a side note, I completed the Sherwood Service course many moons ago... so I have the skills to break them down and inspect the internals.

Service kits for all of these are available...even on fleabay.
There may be issues with the older ones that have a filter on the piston..there are replacement pistons, but you will be putting the costs up even more if they are clogged.
I would scutinize your second stages for cracks. I have quite a few that have stress hairline cracks in the hose inlet area.
Great regs..love me some Sherwood..5700 for the win.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom