Hose change - wrench size?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally Posted by Teamcasa
Maybe they have gone back to Wentworth sizing?

Dave

Gil57usa:
I have an antique Wentworth crescent wrench.

Phew! I thought I was the only one old enough to remember these goofy sizes!:wink:

Dave

Hank49:
You don't need the torque of taking off a rusty lug nut to remove a reg hose. If you do, it's probably time to replace it anyway.

Very good point :) Thanks

Henrik

scubatoys:
Where did you get a metric Crescent wrench? All mine are imperial!

They are called spanners. You can only get them at a small handfull of hardware stores on the East coast.

muddiver:
They are called spanners. You can only get them at a small handfull of hardware stores on the East coast.

Technically, they are called an adjustable end wrench. :D Crescent is a trade name. However most mechanics call them a knuckle buster. :eyebrow:

Dave

Here is what you need.. A metric / imperial crescent adjustable knuckle buster end wrench.
spanner.jpg

Got it all apart and back together with the new hoses.

I made a specialty wrench from some 1/8" aluminum stock to hold the metal barrel in the second stage while I loosened the hose nut with a taped up adjustable. At the 1st stage a 9/16" wrench was a good enough fit for the LP hoses.

Now I just hope everything holds tight for my pool session on wednesday ...

Thanks for all the advice, both good and entertaining :)

Henrik

Back
Top Bottom