Keychain Adjustable wrench Mod

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BryanX

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I needed a light weight wrench to switch my Regs between Backmount and Sidemount configeuration when I'm working/traveling. Didn't want the trouble borrowing from the dive shop everytime.
Every gram is precious when traveling. So the smallest adjustable I could find is this 100mm/4inch, it has a max of 14mm jaw, it fits the most sizes fitting of Scubapro hoses on the first stage side.
But just a tiny too small for the second stage hose fitting and the hose for my Apeks Reg's.

微信图片_20230809133002.png

Noting can't be fixed with a little modification.
I used a dremel tool to cut an other groove to give the jaw a bigger opeing. Now it has a max of 17mm diameter which fits every fitting on my Regs. :)

微信图片_20230809133233.png

A keychain size wrench, perfect to put in your save a dive kit.

Cheers.

I love anodising

I love everything

I'm lazy and love the self-adjusting spanner. It says 13-16mm but the actual range is more like 11-17mm, works for all my hoses.

6004_joker_m.jpg

Great travel tool the 4”

I also have one of these. but sometimes the adjustable wrench is easier to get into some tight places, especially around the 1st stage, better than the multi tool. And the jaws of the adjustable are much stronger than the multi tool. But these do serve their purpose, especially when a screwdriver or allen wrench is needed.

1691587617642.png

I bought this one on Amazon a while back. The jaws are thin to get into tight places but are strong. The overall length is 5" and it weighs 5 oz. It opens up to 1¼"/32mm. It has come in quite handy a few times.
View attachment 796407
i was going to post this one

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom