Horrible Customer Service Experience

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This doesn't happen spontaneously, it happens when a backplate is dropped on a wing.

What I've seen in the past is when one puts single tank into those round tank holders on the boat when bench is slightly higher than the tank bottom. If wing and BP are low it can pinch the wing against the bench. The location of it is very close to OPV.

Rolled edges on the plate, not bladder. Typo.

You are very condescending and don't realize just how much your attitude is detrimental to the perception of your company.

I don't see him being condescending. I see him being informative. Granted sometimes customers feel that they are always right but fact is we are not. I am not DSS customer but Tobin has been very helpful to just about everyone on the wing/BP/weighting etc. regardless of us being DSS customers or not.

What I've seen in the past is when one puts single tank into those round tank holders on the boat when bench is slightly higher than the tank bottom. If wing and BP are low it can pinch the wing against the bench. The location of it is very close to OPV.

Sure that's possible too, but that's along way from spontaneous failure.

It's worth noting that the typical Jacket BC does not contain 5-6 lbs of hard edged stainless steel. Even weight integrated jacket BC's have some sort of fabric pouch inserted into a fabric pocket.

DM's and boat crews are used to being pretty rough with jacket BC's without major consequences. Treat a BP&W the same way and it can be pinch city. One reason why nobody but me handles my gear on a boat.

Tobin

Sure that's possible too, but that's along way from spontaneous failure

Well that was my point. While perhaps unnoticed it is probably major contributor to wing/bladder damage. I cringe every time when I try to put my rig in one of those. I make sure that I inflate wing to the full just for extra care (might not help a lot bit a bit).

read my second post. It was in reference to you putting it into "checked baggage" on an airline flight.

I think even you have seen those guys throw bags........

Still - a lot of people check a lot of dive gear - every single day. Hard to imagine that was the problem.

I'd more readily believe it was just bad luck... maybe.

A reminder that some baggage folks can get a bit rough on your valuable luggage...

OK - I admit it. I pinched the OP's wings! (not really - but we'll never know at this point):D

I have 2 dss wings, singles and doubles and have no complaints.

He said, she said.

I'm glad to know if I have a problem with a bladder it's cheap to fix!

Reading all these exchanges... When the time comes ... I'll buy DSS stuff :eyebrow: (I hope he takes international card)

DSS has taken cared of the customer by fixing it with a little charge for expenses. nothing wrong with that. Not everyone here works for free.

I'll trade my oxycheq signature 40 doubles wing to the OP for his DSS (damaged or undamaged) doubles wing.:)

-Mitch

I don't have a BPW, but if they are that easily damaged it is a good arguement not to own one.

I don't have a BPW, but if they are that easily damaged it is a good arguement not to own one.

My truck is pretty easy to damage too, but with a minimum of common sense it hasn't been yet.

OTOH the utility my truck offers is a daily benefit.

Tobin

Back
Top Bottom