Hoods for wetsuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bigsnowdog

Contributor
Reaction score
Do some brands of hood have larger openings than others? I tried one recently and had some trouble keeping it back from the skirt of my mask, and when I buy one I would like to get one with a larger opening.

Thoughts?

They certainly vary.

Is there any chance that your hood has what is called a trimable face seal? This is usually a rim of thinner neoprene with a bare rubber surface against your face. The edges are not bound and it is intended that you will trim it to fit. See here

Pete

They certainly vary.

Is there any chance that your hood has what is called a trimable face seal? This is usually a rim of thinner neoprene with a bare rubber surface against your face. The edges are not bound and it is intended that you will trim it to fit. See here

Pete

I thought about that at the time, but it appeared to have a sort of molding or trim like feature to the edge of the opening, that if you trimmed it back you would lose that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom