hoods and long hair

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hnladue:
I use a hair glove(12 inch) to hold my hair back. Keeps it out of zippers too!
Hair glove? I have no idea what that is.
I also have long hair and braid it (sometimes pigtails) and frequently use a bandana to keep the top in control but it's tough to get the hood back on for the second and third dive without messing up and dislodging the bandana.
I need to buy a Dee rag for my trip to La Paz this summer.

Personally I shave my head, but my wife has long hair. We are diving cold and she prefers a seperate hood. This was because we had trouble finding a suit that fit chest, arms, legs AND head all to the right fit. A tight hood had a loose fit in the body. She found a jacket that fits well and a seperate hood that fits well - problem solved. Plus she can use the hood with different wetsuits if she feels a little cold.

Have I mentioned lately that I really like long hair?

W

hnladue:
hnladue, those look wonderful. The hair is something I struggle with when I dive. It takes a long time for me to comb/brush out. Mine is like SueMermaid's, to my heiny :).The conditioner coating has really helped, but these hairgloves look awesome!!!!

Two questions.
1) do you use conditioner on your hair underneath it?
2) where on their site do I find the 12 inch ones?

Pennypue,

No I don't use conditioner, I just braid my hair first. Mine is also down to my waist! To get the 12 inch neoprene ones you'll have to call them to order em. They don't have those online yet. I have one that matches my dive skin from Dive Goddess!!

Heather.

I chopped it all off a little over a week ago. Yup, up to my chin. But, the way I am I'll end up growing it all out again soon. Thanks for all the advice.

another long-haired girlie here!

Must admit, I don't put conditioner in pre-dive as it generally gets washed off into the sea… not the best idea really. Some resorts advise against suntan oil for similar reasons, especially if there are loads of divers in the same area.

I do however chuck a big handful of conditioner on, the minute I have dekitted after the last dive of the day… even if I haven't had the chance to rinse off the salt water… it still seems to get to work and smooth things out…a quick rinse back at the flat and bingo… lovely soft hair :D

Dearman:
Personally I shave my head, but my wife has long hair. We are diving cold and she prefers a seperate hood. This was because we had trouble finding a suit that fit chest, arms, legs AND head all to the right fit. A tight hood had a loose fit in the body. She found a jacket that fits well and a seperate hood that fits well - problem solved. Plus she can use the hood with different wetsuits if she feels a little cold.
Sounds sensible, Dearman! I have the same problem as your wife - I'm all long skinny limbs, and a bit taller than average, with a curvy top half that means I'm difference sizes on the top and bottom. Treating the hood as a componant works best for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom