hood question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

skdvr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a pyrostretch 7/5 drysuit hood and I was wondering about cutting the neck down. When I wear it I have to flip about half the neck inside out... It is pretty annoying and makes the neck pretty tight... Can I just cut the neck with an exacto knife or will it start to fray?

Thanks
Phil

Bueller.......Bueller........

I cut mine 120 dives ago and it has not frayed as of yet.

Thanks for the reply,

Did you do anything special to it after cutting it? I was just planning on putting over a piece of PVC pipe and cutting it with an exacto knife...

Thanks again
Phil

A neoprene hood should not fray. The only thing that might is any stitching you may cut. I have a wetsuit that started to fray threads by one of the ankle zippers. A dab of aqualseal 2 years ago fixed that and it's still holding up well. Even a drop of superglue may work but I don't know how that would react with the neoprene.

I did nothing special I just cut it with scissors. I cut it below the stitching so the stitching did not fray.

Back
Top Bottom