Drysuit leaking around neck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just keep in mind that drysuits are almost dry, almost all of the time:)
The neck seal latex type on my DUI CF200 custom leaked early after purchase. It was a replacement for another old CF200.

I found it was just things like two quick neck movements and the BC Jacket around the shoulder twist I had tried to undo while in the water.

This may explain not finding any leak. I was happy to know also there is a thing made of foam neoprene or something they sell to put under the seal against the skin. It is supposed to smooth out a seal that may leak otherwise.

Wrist seals may also similarly leak due to tendons at the wrist or certain quick or extreme bend.

Nature of the beast.

I know neoprene seals might be ok, but I do like the latex even though it is a bit snug.

Maybe you have known this anyway?

Undergarments I try to be sure they are not causing interference as well.

I just finished doing a leak test. I went around the whole suit a few times with soapy water with it inflated. My wife and I found one spot right by the logo patch on the arm that just has a few Tiny Bubbles. I'm not sure if that's enough to get the kind of wet I was getting but I suppose it's possible.

I'm not sure what to think but at a minimum I know I need to patch that spot. Do you think a layer of aquaseal alone is good enough or do I need to cover it with some kind of material patch too
The logo patch might leak from the inside I suppose. Just wondering if the logo patch has air between the suit and it self and would not mean a leak from insides the suit. This analogous to seeing bubbles initially getting into the water on a BC. The protective weave on the BC is not supposed to be a seal and so it could be normal. Hope that makes sense.

A knee protector patch that comes with the old suit of mine leaked from just a short while and then stopped. Unfortunately many other leaks kept starting all places on the suit. The material was worn out. What is great is the custom made suit of the same was serendipity. So much easier to get in and out of, even with the use of dry gloves.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom