Hood Filling with air. . .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba_Jenny:
My mask goes over my hood, but still get the air in. From what I remember last year, the exhaled air from my reg found its way into my hood. As it went past my ears, some air would get trapped there momentarly (thus the reason for putting the holes near my ears instead of the top). My ears would open, then the air would pass and they close. Sometimes they didn't close fast enough. The constant opening and closing was very painful by the end of the dive. Perhaps I just have a cheapo hood and a quality one would fit better. I dunno. :sigh:
Turn your head every once in a while, look from side to side - i get air trapped in my outer ear without a hood, with a hood is no different - i think it might be one of the reasons i get ear troubles too, but that is a whole different thread...

to use the soldering iron on your ear.. maybe that'll fix it? :wink:
simbrooks:
Turn your head every once in a while, look from side to side - i get air trapped in my outer ear without a hood, with a hood is no different - i think it might be one of the reasons i get ear troubles too, but that is a whole different thread...

Scuba_Jenny:
My mask goes over my hood, but still get the air in.

I think you may have misunderstood me, I was not reffering to the mask strap, but the edges of the mask seal being overlapped by the edge of the hood opening. Air exhaled into the mask will seep out the sides of the mask. If they are tucked under the hood, the air seeping out pushes not only the edges of the mask away from your skin, but the overlapped hood as well. In this manner the air goes directly into the hood.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom