Honolulu dive shops?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

suitcases

New
Reaction score
Hi all! I finally fulfilled a childhood dream and got my PADI deep water cert over the summer in North Carolina. I'm heading out to Honolulu for a conference next month, so I'm planning on taking advantage of the chance to dive again. I haven't done any dives since the boat dives we did as part of the course, and I don't have a lot of equipment or even a buddy to bring with me. (I also need some place easy to get to, since I won't have a car there.)

Does anyone know a good shop that would do a half-day charter, hospitable to beginners, without breaking the bank (including rental gear)? I have been doing some Yelp-ing and found that Oahu Diving and Kaimana Divers had good ratings, but I was wondering if anyone here might have more of an inside scoop.

Thanks! :)

Many of the dive operators pick up at hotels in Honolulu. Gabe from Kaimana Divers gets recommended frequently - he's [user]scottitheduck[/user] here on SB.

Island Divers is not bad, but odds are you're going to be on a cattle boat (or barge with 30+ divers on it...) out of Hawaii Kai. My suggestion is Kaimana.

I always go with Aaron's Dive Shop. I have done about three dozen dives with them and nine certs. They have a reputation for being very professional, safe, and providing both locals and visitors with great experiences. Research them a bit and check out the reviews.

Aaron's is awesome...but they're also located in Kailua and usually dive out of Waianae or Hawaii Kai. If the OP can confirm they'll be diving the South side and won't need to run him back to the shop, they'd also be a solid choice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom