honeymoon in Playa Mujeres, Mexico- would like to dive while there

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverKKC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello, everyone. My fiance and I will be staying at The Beloved Hotel in Playa Mujeres, Mexico in October of this year for our honeymoon. Although I have been diving for many years, this is surprisingly my first trip to Mexico. This hotel is on the coast about 30 minutes north of Cancun. Since we just made the reservations and other factors took precedence in our decision-making, I don't know anything yet about the dive operators in the area or if there even are any dive operators nearby. I am assuming most diving there is drift diving but I am just now gathering information. I don't need to be diving all day, but would sure like to get in some diving during our week stay. Any information on local outdoor activities is welcomed, as well.

Any information on dive sites, dive operators, fun outdoor activities or similar from divers familiar with the Playa Mujeres area is greatly appreciated!

Much thanks,
Kevin

I think you meant to say Isla Mujeres which is a small sleepy sliver of an island a short ferry ride from Cancun.
I've been there a couple of times and the diving is just OK, definitely not comparable to Cozumel or Akumal. It is nice and peaceful but not really a diving destination. There are a few dive ops but I can't recall who we dove with. There is a cool wreck dive where we saw some eagle rays but the current was really ripping. Other dives didn't have so much current. The underwater museum was interesting and an easy dive.
One of the biggest attractions are whale shark snorkelling tours but unfortunately the season ends in August and you will miss it.

thanks, Reidkon. It's definitely Playa Mujeres (about 30 minutes north of Cancun I am told), but I think it is in the same general area of Isla Mujeres. Thanks for the reply.

Hello DiverKKC, my name is Alvaro Gonzalez, I run AlwaysDiving in Cancun, I've been teaching and conducting divers for over 32 years in this area of Mexico, we would love to take care of you and your fiance with your dives, just send me an e-mail or a PM and we can set up some great dives, we really believe in making friends not costumers, you will dive among friends, take a look here to know something else from us Always Diving & Water Sports - Cancun - Reviews of Always Diving & Water Sports - TripAdvisor
Best regardsf from the paradise.

Back
Top Bottom