Homemade drygloves?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fisherdvm

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Seems like all you need is a rigid plastic ring, a groove for holding the glove, and a heavy duty rubberband.

I was thinking of using like disposable surgeons gloves over a cotton glove?

Have anyone done this, and how?

Sugeon's gloves or exam gloves may not be durable enough. You may want to look at gloves from the hardware store designed for chemical protection.

Good luck,

fisherdvm:
Seems like all you need is a rigid plastic ring, a groove for holding the glove, and a heavy duty rubberband.

I was thinking of using like disposable surgeons gloves over a cotton glove?

Have anyone done this, and how?
Hide and Seek:

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=123674

I searched for all posts by hoosier with the words PVC and dremel, and displayed as threads - works like a charm!

We use heavy duty rubber gloves all the time for underwater cutting/welding with out sealing them to the suit. You should be able to use a set of heavy duty chemical protective gloves from the hardware store and thick cotton/knit nylon gloves as liners.

diveasr:
how do you assemble the oring to seal it?????

You need to get a rigid ring into the wrist of the suit. It needs to be secured with additional bands, clamps or rings. The the glove and mounting ring(s) slips right over.

I have a prototype I'll be trying soon. Coming out of winter is a good time to experiment since the implications of a flood will be lessening.

do it easy:
Hide and Seek:

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=123674

I searched for all posts by hoosier with the words PVC and dremel, and displayed as threads - works like a charm!
We did basically the same thing only we used big honkin' O-Rings from a tractor garage rather than the vacuum cleaner belts, not any better, just what we thought of.

Not 100% DIY but after looking a three different ring systems that other divers had at the quarry this weekend I decided to just order the rings and cuffs from OS systems and then get the gloves and liners at home depot. I can't take credit for it though, Hoosier had one of the three systems I looked at and that is what he is using. Thanks again Hoosier for the info. :D

jpsexton:
Not 100% DIY but after looking a three different ring systems that other divers had at the quarry this weekend I decided to just order the rings and cuffs from OS systems and then get the gloves and liners at home depot. I can't take credit for it though, Hoosier had one of the three systems I looked at and that is what he is using. Thanks again Hoosier for the info. :D

We use the OS systems with the gloves from Harbor Freight.

Gary D.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom