Home Owners Association - Going Ballistic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does this mean you also have to switch from spray to roll-on...?

also fire extinguishers, as long as they are not dry chemical.

Don't forget hotwater tanks!!! I saw the mythbusters put one through a roof:rofl3:

And ask them if its cause they think the empty tanks are gonna attack their feet in a mad roll down the road to refill

I've had similar problems getting my tanks onto a plane, even when they were booked in advance as scuba diving gear. Good advice not to ignore the miserable woman. If you can't get her off your back by a friendly chat with your association, offer to take her diving. She's obviously bored to death if she goes around doing this kind of thing and needs something to usefully occupy her time :wink:

Sounds like she saw Jaws one too many times:

Hooper: Dammit, Martin! This is compressed air!
Brody: Well, what the hell kind of a knot was that?
Hooper: You pulled the wrong one. You screw around with these tanks, and they're gonna blow up!

Don't forget to get on her about the air in her tires:popcorn:

I still have no idea why anyone would want to pay money so someone can tell them what they can or cannot do to thier house. I avoided HOAs like the plague when I was purchasing my house. I found some good deals in HOA areas, but scratched those locations right off the list once I found out there was a HOA along with the deal.

In my eyes, this case would be a perfect example of why you should sell your house and buy a new one. I'll take a loss...i'll probably make up the difference in the HOA fees anyways.

I guess you live in a neighborhood that
1: doesn't care what it looks like or
2: everyone cares what it looks like and makes sure to keep it nice or
3: no one would notice what it looks like.

As a general rule I tend to stay away from HOA's but they can have their good points. Like everything else, their power can be abused but I'd rather deal with a power grabbing jerk than a bunch of jerks that believe the front porch is the proper place to dispose of their old sofa. Especially if they enjoy their white likker and Dueling Banjos is their favorite song of all time.

There are a number of cases where the HOA basicly made up, complaints so they could fine someone they forclose on the property. All the time the person was unawares this was going on, then the Board members purchase it. So don't just blow this off, replay to her letter and advise here that SCUBA cylinders are not HAZMAT, and make her prove it.

Just tell them the cylinders contain less than 40PSI. These are specifically considered non-hazardous by the DOT.

flots.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom