Home Nitrox System

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UaVaj:
5K is the budget and I am ready to buy today. Just not exactly sure which one to buy. Just so limited info on what's available.

What are you talking about? There are a lot of info about a home filtration setup on the board. I also got all info from our board.

With 5K,

I will take

1. Alkin W31, Electric model.... If you don't plan to put it on the boat. $3.2K shipped to your door
2. Extra filtration from Alkin or LF (True Hyper filter appliance as you seen on above link) $1.2K
3. Mixing Stick, O2 Sensor, Fitting, Regulator, Manifold, extra hose, Moisture sensor, etc... $600.

You are all equipped.

Another option would be a Bauer jr, but they are more money. You could also find a larger used bauer for that money...

Make sure your ready to tune it up if it's used though...

Skippy31

I posted on the home compressor question my own compressor. I own a Bauer Oceanus portable compressor with a honda 5 hp gas engine. This compressor is rated at 4.9 cfm and is also rated for continuous duty. The cost with gas and filters is less than one dollar a fill. The compressor is also available in an electric version. I purchase my oxygen in T cylinders (which are 300 cu. ft.) for $34.00 and mix my own nitrox. I also fill my stage bottles for my deco with this o2. Hope this helps.

Hoosier:
1. Alkin W31, Electric model.... If you don't plan to put it on the boat. $3.2K shipped to your door
2. Extra filtration from Alkin or LF (True Hyper filter appliance as you seen on above link) $1.2K
3. Mixing Stick, O2 Sensor, Fitting, Regulator, Manifold, extra hose, Moisture sensor, etc... $600.You are all equipped.

I looked up the W31 Gas model, and the literature implies that it includes filters necessary for Grade E Scuba air. Pardon my ignorance, but what is the Extra Filtration for? I didn't see any extra filtration on the Alkin website. Not being argumentative, just trying to understand. Seems this may be the way to go.

If your using the small Bauer filters or the small Alkin filters and expect grade E air then your best to add some additional filtration. Usually the small filters are a combined final seperator and filter and as a result the filters to not tend to last as long as advertised. A moisture monitor is a good idea as well cheap insurance at $60...

Skippy31

I was thinking more in term of OCA. Is that gonna be above my budget?

Waterskier1:
I looked up the W31 Gas model, and the literature implies that it includes filters necessary for Grade E Scuba air. Pardon my ignorance, but what is the Extra Filtration for? I didn't see any extra filtration on the Alkin website. Not being argumentative, just trying to understand. Seems this may be the way to go.

The tiny PO filter stack has been covered here so many times..

The stock small filtration only lasts 10~15 hrs depending on your environment, humidity and temperature. The small filtration is NOT enough to make sure of Grade E Scuba Air after all. The additional filter is 16~32 inch length filtration. It lasts about 86~120 hrs. The additional filtration doesn't produce the hyper filtered air quality for PPB. But, PPB is well being practiced with an extra filtration set up. So, YMWV.....

Yes, Airetex.com doesn't list the extra filtration on their catalog. You should call them. As I recall, you can get some discount if you buy it with the compressor.

If you want to get a true hyper filtered air, LF is only place to get the appliance.

The hyper filter media and process is totally different with the ordinary filtration design and its media isn't identified yet. Yes, there is no copycat hyper filter in the market.

I hope it helps.

Good luck.

Not much secret to the Lf hyper filters. When I asked what in them, I was told mostly 13x and carbon just like the primaries, with some HP (high purity) carbon and a little silca gel at the very end.

Hoosier:
If you want to get a true hyper filtered air, LF is only place to get the appliance.

The hyper filter media and process is totally different with the ordinary filtration design and its media isn't identified yet. Yes, there is no copycat hyper filter in the market.

Either I am too demanding or LDS are just a PIA. How can I blame them - I am sure air filling isn't one of their biggest revenue source. How is everyone filling their air? Drop today and pickup next day routine? I am sure I am not the only one who is having tank filling convenience problems.

The straw that broke the camel's back came today.

Went to get my air filled for a dive tomorrow. Drove 45min. Turns out they already turn off the bank an hour early. Those poor soul want to go home early. Drove 45min home and no fill. :angry2: No diving tomorrow. :furious:

I am at the point where either I fill my own tanks or quit diving.

Obviously I can't quit diving :rofl3:. So I need to buy a home nitrox compressor ASAP. I will devote the next few days calling compressor dealers and hopefully making a purchase.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom