Hollywood FL 4/28-4/29 2006

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hdtran

Geography Police
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm going to be in Hollywood & would like to go diving those dates. Preferably both days :D (but unfortunately, more likely just one day :sad_2: )

Questions:
  1. What sort of water temperatures should I expect that time of year?
  2. What is your typical exposure protection? Is a shorty too little? A 5mm too much? How about a drysuit :wink: ?

I'm a novice diver, & prefer to stay shallow (more :scubadive time) Any recommendations for dive ops and/or sites? (I'm also a pretty decent photographer for my amount of experience)

Thanks!

p.s. for aboveground activities, anything that's a "can't miss" for 6-10 yrs olds?

A bit far away for me to be planning anything, but as the time gets closer I may join ya for a beach dive!
Topside 6-10 yr olds?
Museum of Discovery and Science in Ft. Lauderdale.
Butterfly World- even adults will enjoy it!
The beach!
IGFA Fishing Hall of Fame
Boomers

I'm thinking I may be able to go diving both on Friday 4/28/06 morning & Saturday 4/29/06 mornings (depending on how early of a start, etc.)

Again: What sort of exposure protection is 'typical' that time of year (coming up in about 3 weeks now!)? Any ops to recommend for boat dives, or is shore diving as good as anything? (If so, where to rent tanks/weights?) Local buddies? (Fair warning: I suck air like William Hoover :wink: )

Thanks!

hdtran:
I'm thinking I may be able to go diving both on Friday 4/28/06 morning & Saturday 4/29/06 mornings (depending on how early of a start, etc.)

Again: What sort of exposure protection is 'typical' that time of year (coming up in about 3 weeks now!)? Any ops to recommend for boat dives, or is shore diving as good as anything? (If so, where to rent tanks/weights?) Local buddies? (Fair warning: I suck air like William Hoover :wink: )

Thanks!
The water has definitely been getting warmer. I have been diving with a 5 mil farmer john and hooded vest all winter and was just toasty but with water temps in the low 80s now I'm getting ready to use the 3 mil jumpsuit with a hooded vest, as I get cold easily. If the trend continues that's all you'll need by the end of April. There are a plethora of dive ops down Pompano and Ft Lauderdale. South Florida Diving Diving Headquarters with the Safari Diver and their other 3 boats are a good operation to go with. Pro Dive in Ft Lauderdale has a very comfortable boat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom