Hollis Ride BC weighting options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaNurse758

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I recently purchased the Hollis Ride BC and am very pleased with it so far. However, I have only dove it using a DUI weight and trim setup for weighting. I am going to be in the Caribbean in about a month and am wondering what my options are for weighting the Ride BC besides a weight vest or belt. I'm looking for something either weight integrated or not that I can attach to the BC, just dont want to compromise the efficiency of the BC with anything too bulky or un-travel friendly. Any info from Nick or any other Ride owners would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Jordan.

Hollis has the QLR weight system that is made for their Backplates, however it also fits onto the ride BC very comfortably...
Hollis Gear: QLR Weight System
It may be hard to tell from the pictures but their is a strap with a gromet on it that connects to the soft-pack on your back using the supplied bookscrews, and is furthur supported by bolt snaps that connect to your chest D-rings...hope this helps and have fun in the Caribbean!

Back
Top Bottom