Hollis Explorer MCCR?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't see how the sale of a company voids that company's ongoing liabilities, warranties, and other undertakings to its customers. In fact, given that this is a life support system, walking away as the company(s) did, may be grounds for a serious challenge.

KISS To Rescue The Hollis Explorer?

Anyone have more information this? It would be an interesting development.

An all mechanical MCCR system, this should be interesting.

Wonder how ppo2 monitoring is done without electronics involved.

Nice to see someone stepping on to do the conversion though. I've been eyeing it

An all mechanical MCCR system, this should be interesting.

Wonder how ppo2 monitoring is done without electronics involved.

Nice to see someone stepping on to do the conversion though. I've been eyeing it

it is done the same as on any of the other KISS breathers. It has electronics, but just for monitoring.

It's got cell monitoring, it just doesn't deal with the POS Hollis LSS controller.

Did a small MOD on mine. Just got the LSS back from being fixed in Germany (only place in the world i could find to fix the LSS battery issue and get service kit parts from . I also needed the HP hose)
But I now run 40% Nitrox.. DCP down to 15%.. LCV removed hose left open at that end, blocked and sealed at counter lung end. It still bubbles just not as much now..
Only had one dive on it since getting it back from being fixed and doing this small mod..
MOD is 25MTRS running at 40% but where i dive I don't get that deep..
:)

Well I’m glad they have moved ahead with this- potentially good news for all Hollis Explorer owners/divers. Cant help being a little disappointed with KISS though at the way they treated me.
I originally put the concept to them back in early September last year in an email with a semi-detailed description of how I thought it could be done and only asked that they keep me in the loop if they went ahead with it. I stated I had no financial interest but a little show of appreciation in relation to a kit when they became available would be appreciated.
Kim said she had given it to Mike and he was looking at it. A month later I asked if they had any thoughts on it and also gave more ideas on how it could be implemented- Kim saidd that nothing was happening with it.
At that point I made the first post here on Scubaboard about the concept because I didn’t see that it would impact any efforts by KISS if they weren’t interested. Of course a short time later it popped up in social media that Mike had been working on it all along and now it is a reality!
Meantime I never received any communication of any type from them- not even a simple thanks. In view of the fact I had given them a written statement denying financial interest and made it clear I would not disclose any information to a third partyI think this was unnecessary and lacked a sense of fair play.
Nonetheless, I do not have a horse in the race anymore so apart from it being a minor annoyance I don’t give a s—-t and wish them well with it!
Cheers

Quick report on MOD I have done.. Went for a play in the river (due to ocean being a washing machine right now.. :( )
45mins @ 14/15 mtrs... 30bar usage.. I am impressed with that.. :)

Quick report on MOD I have done.. Went for a play in the river (due to ocean being a washing machine right now.. :( )
45mins @ 14/15 mtrs... 30bar usage.. I am impressed with that.. :)
You removed the LCV and block and sealed the valve where it leaves the exhale CL?
The LCV can be adjusted to restrict or increase the flow of gas out of the unit so I don’t see the advantage in removing it. The unit runs best with 40% and produces least bubbles with that mix if adjusted properly and dived in a relaxed manner, your time and gas usage seem good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom