Hollis DG03 voluntary recall - Where is an update from Hollis??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sevenrider860

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I received information from DiveGear Express about the DG03 recall. I have had the problem described happen to me, it was pretty obvious as the tank pressure never decreased.

I see no new software to download for the DG03 on the Hollis website nor can I locate the recall information anywhere on the website. I don't even see any information on the Consumer Product Safety Website.

Other than the DG03 showing as being discontinued, I see no additional information about the DG03.

Can Hollis provide a definitive statement about the DG03? Is there a voluntary recall? Will there be a software update to the DG03 to correct the air integration problem?

Thank you.

Dive Gear Express just posted on their Facebook page that the Hollis DG03 is back in stock with the May 2013 firmware. Their website shows it as available again. Same price as always.

And there remains nothing on the Hollis website... Not a thing about the voluntary recall or the availability of new software.

I'll try and see if a firmware shows up on my dive log software when I get home.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

funnyfarm299... Good call! I am a Mac guy, but I fired up a Windows machine and loaded the dive log software. It did identify an update is available for the DG03. I am working through it now. The Hollis application has crashed twice when communicating with the DG03

----------

Update... Every time I try to download the firmware update I get an error "Invalid firmware code 5!".

Does it say version 1B? That's the old version.

I stand corrected. 1B is actually the new version. Update your dive log software, then update firmware.

i bought a DG03 since i don't use the AI feature but i would think that i would see something from hollis about this...or maybe it's just me.

i bought a DG03 since i don't use the AI feature but i would think that i would see something from hollis about this...or maybe it's just me.

I have sent two separate requests to tech support through the website. Nothing. No response, no acknowledgement, nothing.

To me this shows the "character" of a company. Regardless the quality or innovation of the gear, the company has failed in supporting their customers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom